- The American Association of University Women (AAUW)
is a national organization that promotes education and equity for all women and girls. Our commitment to these issues is reflected in our public policy efforts, programs, and diversity initiatives.
- The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
is the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving educational outcomes for individuals with exceptionalities, students with disabilities, and/or the gifted. CEC advocates for appropriate governmental policies, sets professional standards, provides continual professional development, advocates for newly and historically underserved individuals with exceptionalities, and helps professionals obtain conditions and resources necessary for effective professional practice.
- National Coalition of Educational Activists (NCEA)
is a multiracial network and membership organization of parents, school staff, union and community activists, and children's advocates working for equitable and excellent public schools.
- The National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities (NICHCY)
is the national information and referral center that provides information on
disabilities and disability-related issues for families, educators, and other professionals. Our special focus is children and youth (birth to age 22).
NAACP Education Department
The fundamental goal of the NAACP's education advocacy agenda is to provide all students access to quality education. The NAACP Education Department seeks to accomplish this goal through policy development, training, collaboration, negotiation, legislation, litigation, and agitation.
The NAACP Education Department's resources are strategically focused on three major objectives:
1) Preventing Racial Discrimination in Educational Programs and Services;
2) Advancing Educational Excellence; and
3) Promoting an Equal Opportunity Education Agenda.