The Educational Leadership Development Resource Library (Please click the link to access the library) was created to support UCEA's Leaders Supporting Diverse Learners Curriculum Modules, a set of instructional resources designed to offer critical content knowledge and learning experiences that strengthen leaders’ ability to support the academic achievement of diverse student populations.
Preparing Leaders to Support Diverse Learners: Curriculum Modules for Leadership Preparation
What this is:
With support from a USDOE FIPSE grant, UCEA is working with faculty teams from several institutions to develop curriculum modules focused on preparing leaders to support diverse learners. These modules are designed to enhance the core curriculum used in UCEA school leadership programs. The instructional modules will be designed to offer critical content knowledge and learning experiences that strengthen leaders’ ability to support students’ academic achievement at low-performing schools.
Module Philosophy of Learning:
Each of the modules in the preparing leaders to support diverse learners module series contain powerful learning experiences (PLEs), a learning framework developed by UCEA faculty based on adult learning principles. PLEs include the following characteristics:
- Authentic, meaningful, relevant problem-finding linking theory and principal practice
- Involves sense-making around critical problems of practice
- Explores, critiques, deconstructs from equity perspective (race, culture, language)
- Requires collaboration and interdependence
- Develops confidence in leadership
- Places both the professor and student in a learning situation
- Learners are empowered and responsible for own learning
- Shifts perspective from classroom to school, district, or state level
- Has a reflective component