The UCEA Master Professor
The UCEA Master Professor award is given to an individual faculty member whose record (as indicated by the following characteristics) is so distinguished that the UCEA must recognize this individual in a significant and timely manner. The attributes for choosing The UCEA Master Professor include:
- They have a sustained record as outstanding teachers, as attested to by students and faculty peers. They have exhibited educational innovation in the classroom and the extension of educational opportunities to an ever-wider group of students in educational leadership/administration programs.
- They have a significant record of scholarship pertaining to educational leadership practice, preparation, development and evaluation.
- They are outstanding advisors and mentors of students as evidenced by mentoring students in research projects that address the needs of K-12 educational systems. They play a key role in the advancement of students into leadership positions in PK-12 systems. In summary, they promote and support the academic, career goals, and placement of students into educational administration programs.
- They have taken a leadership role in their academic unit, as administrators and/or leaders in educational endeavors. They have gained a regional and national reputation, as an educational leader and innovator. They have accomplished this through participation in regional and national activities as well as in publications in appropriate journals that have impacted the practice of educational leadership/administration in PK-12 systems.
- They have provided outstanding leadership in promoting and supporting diversity in faculty, students, staff, programs, and curriculum in the field of educational leadership/administration.
- They have provided outstanding public service through participation in public or private agencies, or both bodies that contribute to PK-16 partnerships and to improving the quality of PK-16 education throughout state, national, or international arenas.
Role of UCEA Master Professors
- UCEA Master Professors constitute distinguished academics whose leadership, critical thinking, and advice help guide all faculty of the UCEA.
- UCEA Master Professors serve as role models for all associated with the UCEA.
- UCEA Master Professors will be asked to help UCEA to address important needs, such as improving academic quality, promoting outstanding teaching, research, service, or other issues of concern to the UCEA.
- UCEA Master Professors will be asked to serve on future review committees for this award and other appropriate UCEA committees or advising groups.
Nominations are welcome from faculty member(s) of UCEA member institutions and partner institutions. Nominations should include electronic copies of the following:
- the candidate's curriculum vitae;
- a letter addressing the contributions of the nominee relative to one or more of the selection criteria;
- support letters from individuals who have been directly mentored by the nominee, and/or individuals who can attest to the nominee's mentoring strengths, are strongly encouraged.
A UCEA committee appointed by the Executive Director will review and evaluate the nominees. This committee will reserve the right to present this award to multiple candidates on any given year, or conversely, not to present this award should nominees not fully meet the selection criteria. The deadline for nominations is May 31, 2013. Please email electronic copies of all nomination materials to email@example.com with the title of the award in the subject line.
The UCEA Master Professor Recipients