The University Council for Educational Administration (UCEA) is governed by a representative body from member institutions. UCEA policies are formulated by a nine-member executive committee. Executive Committee members are elected by UCEA plenary session representatives. The UCEA Plenum, which is composed of one representative from each of the member institutions, also establishes goals and priorities, reviews and approves organizational policies, and examines and approves the budget. Representatives to the plenary session serve as official liaison among the universities, the board, and the UCEA Executive Director. The Executive Director provides leadership and management for the organization. Under the leadership of the Executive Director, the UCEA central office implements the policies of the executive committee, develops initiatives and programs to achieve organizational goals, coordinates activities, and disseminates information resulting from research and developmental projects.
Financial support for the UCEA comes from the annual fees paid by member universities, publications, and contributions made by its host institution, individual universities, foundations, and governmental agencies for specific programs and projects.
Current UCEA Executive Committee Members:
- Cindy Reed, President, Auburn University
- Mark Gooden, President-Elect, University of Texas at Austin
- Andrea Rorrer, Secretary/Treasurer, University of Utah
- Mariela Rodriguez, University of Texas, San Antonio
- Hanne MaWhinney, University of Maryland
- April Peters- Hawkins, University of Georgia
- Noelle Witherspoon Arnold, University of Missouri
- C. Cryss Brunner, University of Minnesota
- Monica Byrne-Jimenez, Hofstra University
- Michelle D. Young, Executive Director, UCEA, University of Virginia
- Pamela Tucker, Senior Associate Director, University of Virginia
Current UCEA Associate Directors:
- Liz Hollingworth, Associate Director of Publications, University of Iowa
- Cristobal Rodriguez, Associate Director of Graduate Student Development, New Mexico State University
- John Nash, Associate Director of Communications, University of Kentucky
- Julian Vasquez Heilig, Associate Director of Program Centers, University of Texas at Austin
- Bruce G. Barnett, Associate Director of International Affairs, University of Texas at San Antonio
- Sheneka Williams, Associate Director for Policy and Advocacy, University of Georgia
- Ed Fuller, Associate Director for Policy and Advocacy, Pennsylvania State University
The UCEA Plenum is composed of one representative from each of the member institutions. The Plenum establishes goals and priorities, reviews and approves organizational policies, and examines and approves the budget.
UCEA Plenary Representatives are either elected or appointed by faculty members and/or their Department Chair or Dean and serve for a term of 3-6 years renewable.
UCEA operations are guided by a Code of Regulations and a Policy Manual, which was developed, and is periodically revised, by members of the UCEA Plenum.